Alternatively follow this guide to make your own portable ClamWin
You can take ClamWin Free Antivirus with you on a USB pen drive, CD or DVD
- Install ClamWin on a host PC with Windows XP or higher
- Copy all the files from "c:\program files\clamwin" to a "clamwin" folder on a removable drive. unins000.exe and unins000.dat files are not needed
- Copy the following files:
- Copy this ClamWin.conf (right-click to Save) file to "clamwin\bin" folder on the removable drive (note Standalone=1 setting)
- Create the folowing foldres on the removable drive:
- Copy the database files (main.cvd and daily.cvd) from your database directory on the host PC (default location is "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\.clamwin\db") to the "clamwin\db" folder on the removable drive.
- That's it, you can now run clamwin.exe from clamwin folder on your removable drive.
It may take a while to load ClamWin.exe depending on the removable drive speed
If you use ClamWin Free Antivirus on a read-only drive (CD or DVD) your need to burn the latest database before use and won't be able to change preferences.